Thread: lamb chops

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default lamb chops

I got a rack of lamb chops from Cosco's a couple of days ago--wash meat under cool water and dry well with paper towels--take membrane off back side along rib bones and place ribs on a foil covered pan. Cover with greek olive oil dressing (or just olive oil) and then cover with paste--wrap in foil or plastic and place in frig over night--next day--sear ribs on grill both sides and place in smoker with a light wood (cherry,alder,pecan,etc) not to much because the meat will be well seasoned.
    140-145 med rare 160 med 170 well recommend med rare for lamb
    paste-4 tablespoons each of-fresh rosemary--fresh basil--fresh mint----chopped---2 teaspoons of smoked paprika--2 tablespoons of ground corander seeds--garlic powder--onion powder--black pepper--and 2-3 tablespoons of a good Greek seasoning (I like Zoe's)--place all of these in a bowl and pour in a Greek olive oil base salad dressing (again I use Zoe's)--pour just enough to make a paste(not to watery) with herbs and seasonings--spoon out and spread all over lamb chop rack--then wrap and place in frig

Thanks for the recipe! I love lamb and have some in the freezer, so I am anxious to try them, although I don't think I've ever had smoked lamb. Has anyone ever tried smoking with rosemary? I picked some rosemary yesterday with some pretty large branches, one which was older and already pretty dry. I am letting them dry further now. Since even the large branches are still pretty small, would it impart much flavor?