Thread: Receiving notifications from forum

Default Receiving notifications from forum

HI,

I'M NEW HERE & ASKED A QUESTION, WHICH SEVERAL ANSWERED BACK, BUT I NEVER GOT AN EMAIL TELLING ME I HAD A REPLY TO MY POST. WHY DOESN'T THE FORUM NOTIFY SOMEONE WHEN THERE'S A REPLY? i THOUGHT THAT'S THE REASON FOR ENTERING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS???

JUST SAYIN...

DR. JOHN

Hi john, a couple of points here... When you are in a post either one you started or one you have read and wish
    to receive an email whenever a post or reply has been made do this:
    find the "Thread Tools" in the header and click on the drop down menu.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	512

Then choose the frequency you desire
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	513

Then you will get notifications.

The other thing I want to point out or actually 2 things,
    1) in the 2nd line of the header bar is a "FAQ" drop down and it has a search feature.
    2) there is also a search feature with an advanced search feature within it. If you play with this and use it you will increase your learning curve in using your smoker. For example you can search "brisket" and read what anyone has ever posted about brisket. See what and how they do things and then you can ask them specific questions if you like.

Now I don't want you to 1) think a s smart A or anything, or just smart period. In fact I had to use the FAQ to remind myself how to tell you how to receive notifications. That's the value of searching and even searching FAQ.

Searching and reading other people's successes and failures is how we all learn to improve our smoking and get new ideas.

You have a great smoker, now just remember to post pictures of your smokes and details. Successes and failures. If we all do this then the forum will gain in activity and each of us will improve our cooks.

Enjoy, have fun, and remember if you don't have pictures it didn't happen! Not really but it's great to share.

Doug
    Last edited by EFGM; 12-18-2016 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
    1500CXLD, Amerique, PG1000, Tappecue, Thermopen
    Good Meat deserves a REST!
    It's done when it's done and
    If you're happy with the results, that's ALL that matters

Thank you, Doug!

I previously received responses on new threads, as well as threads I had made a comment on. Not anymore!

I appreciate your valuable assistance
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all