Thread: pid controller

Default pid controller

we have used the Auber pid controller with our 1400 for a couple of years works great with very little variance in temperature swing
    wanted to do some jerky and mention to my wife i would like to get the jerk dryer as we had done some leaving the door open to dry it which is a pain
    she got it for me as an early fathers day gift, over the weekend programmed it into the controller

so the controller brought the temp up to 160 for 3 hours then dropped it to 130 for 4 hours with the jerk dryer being turned on at 4 hours
    so it ran for 3 total of 7 hours and the pid shuts down everything, worked perfectly have to cut back about an hour on the dry time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3013.jpg   IMG_3014.jpg   IMG_3012.jpg  

Northern Q, I read your earlier posts on initial set up of Auber Pid. The information and diagrams are very helpfu, thanks for sharing the information. lCouple of follow on questions: While the Auber PID is "plug and play", did you disconnect the SmokinTex thermostat or simply set the temp at 250? I would rather not disconnect it, but some folks have recommended removal of stock thermostat entirely, any thoughts? And secondly, the additional power chord (light blue) in the picture above... is the chord to supply power the fan on top of your smoker while you are making jerky? If so do you leave it on for other purposes as well? Thanks!!