Thread: Pastrami and ribs

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Pastrami and ribs

Ran another mixed meat cook in preparation for a Canadian fishing trip. The Pastrami didn't come off until after midnight, so no pictures. Whoda thunk...2.5 lb point, 8 hours to get to 195. Must have had a 4 hour stall....
    Everything looks good, though, and when we get dinner on the table in a day or two, I'll throw some pictures on. Can't wait for some Canadian Reubens!!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Looking forward to your photo's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1304.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	577

Here's the pastrami Reuben on a toasted bun. Pretty happy with the results. After the initial cook, it was cooled and foiled for transport to Canada and a reheat in foil. Next one I'll open the foil and remove to tighten the bark a little.
    Cold and wet in Canada, but the fishing was good and the chow was incredible, thanks to SmokinTex and the members here. Without the forum I would never have thought to make pastrami.
    Unfortunately, the rib photo eluded me. Once they hit the table, any thoughts of handling anything other than rib bones and steak fries disappeared, much like the ribs. Next time!!
    Last edited by bigwalleye; 06-21-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Nice..

pastrami looks great, bet you're glad you didn't have to share with Bears...LOL
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and, try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka."
    Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by metronome View Post
    pastrami looks great, bet you're glad you didn't have to share with Bears...LOL
    The bears wouldn't have stood a chance!!!!