Thread: Reverse seared ribeye

Default Reverse seared ribeye

I've been wanting to give this a try for quite some time and I'm so glad I finally did!
    I started with a couple of choice ribeyes, seasoned liberally with kosher salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic. I let them sit for a few hours to draw in the salt and seasoning.
    After letting them come up to room temperature on the counter, I put them in my Smokintex 1400 with only about an ounce of hickory chips @225F. I smoked the steaks until they reached an internal temp of 110F. After that I let them rest while heated up a grill to about 600F.
    I brushed the steaks with EVOO on both sides and seared them on the grill for about a minute to a minute and a half on each side, and then resting them under foil with a pat of compound butter over the top.
    The steaks came out perfect! I don't think we'll ever just girl a steak ever again without smoking them first. It was better than any steakhouse steak I've ever had, and this wasn't even prime meat.
    I put a couple of cobs of corn in the smoker along for the ride, and they turned out great also.
    I love our SmokinTex.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170617_181630.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	572Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170617_174646.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	571Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170617_201140.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170617_201221.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170617_201211.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	575
    Last edited by draper73; 06-18-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Great looking cook. Steaks look outstanding. Love me a good ribeye.

what kind of compound butter. I make a mean Ancho, Chipotle, Guajillo butter.
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and, try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka."
    Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by metronome View Post
    what kind of compound butter. I make a mean Ancho, Chipotle, Guajillo butter.
    garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Pretty traditional. I'm liking the idea of a guajillo compound butter though! maybe some poblano or something. sky's the limit!