Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Dip to Smoke

Talking A New Dip to Smoke

I've a got a dip recipe I used to do all the time on my "monster". In between my first and second batch of ribs, (just got my 1400 to my ranch in Mexico), I tried it on my new Smokin' Tex. Had to make four batches before people would calm down.

1 can of tuna, white meat in water
    2 Jalapeņo not seeded

Dice up the Jalapeņo pretty good, I use a food processor. Take the can of tuna and dump it on the seafood plate or on tin foil over one of the grills. Then dump the Jalapeņos on top of the tuna. Smoke for 30 minutes. Take out and mix with 16 ounces of Philidelphia Cream Cheese. Thin it with a little mayo, chop up some green onions for taste and flavor, salt and pepper to taste. Mix it really well. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours to get it nice and cold. Ritz type crackers, Frito Scoops, your finger or piece of anything. Really good. I've filled hollowed out Jalapeņos with it also.

Default Question

What temp are you cooking it at?

Quote Originally Posted by radrmash View Post
    What temp are you cooking it at?
    RADRMASH: I put in at 220 for about 30 minutes. That's all.

what wood do you prefer?

Sounds way too easy not to try. Thanks!
    Wheelz -- Life, Liberty & the pursuit of good Q!

I just finished a batch of this and it is AWESOME. Thanks for the recipe.

Very good!!

Default Tuna Delight

Once I read about this dip, I had to try it. I found that with the neighbors, I would have to make double and sometimes triple recipes of this. I averaged making this two to three times a month all summerand fall. Just moved the smoker home for the Salmon season and to be able to make this Tuna dip. I have found that I can use any left over fish (trout, mackinaw, walleye and even bass) to make this dip. It is all good. Thanx for the tip on the dip...

I just made this recipe last weekend. To put things in perspective, my wife is not a smoked-meat fan. I bought her an ST1400 at the Harrisburg, PA Sportsman Show last year as a Valentine's gift. Now all she does is complain about smoked everything. "I bet you would eat a paper bag if you smoked it." She is probably right.
    Anyway, I made this dip, and she ate the entire batch in a weekend, and then asked for more this weekend.
    Congrats to the forum for offering something that even my wife likes.

twobucks...I think our wives must be related!!!

BillyBob