Ok, so don't be too hard on me. I know this is going to sound like traitorous blasphemy to some of you, but we have a newborn in the house, and our schedule consists of trying to cram a whole days worth of work, chores, and meal prep into the gaps between crying, feeding, and changing diapers (and of course plenty of snuggles). That being the case, I don't have 6 or 7 hours to smoke fall-off-the-bone tender ribs. Soon perhaps, but not just yet.
This actually stemmed from my mother-in-law wanting to try out her electric pressure cooker to cook some ribs. I did my best to not let my utter disgust shine through at the idea of ribs in a pressure cooker so I just let her give them a shot.
To my surprise, they were actually pretty good! Not as good as smoked, but it got me thinking. I wonder if I could speed the process of smoked ribs up a bit, by starting them in the pressure cooker and then smoking them for flavor?
I had to give it a try:

I prepped the ribs the same as I always do. Trimmed into St. Louis Ribs, and rubbed liberally.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171018_160051.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	632
I cut the racks in half, and jammed them into the electric pressure cooker, with about 2 cups of apple juice and cider vinegar at the bottom.
I kept the racks out of the liquid using a trivet.

Name:	20171018_160352.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	633
setting the cooker to high pressure, I cooked them for 30 minutes under pressure and let them rest another 5 before releasing the steam.

Name:	20171018_171714.jpg 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	634
I pulled the ribs out, and they were already pretty tender. I dusted them again with a bit of rub and threw them into my SmokinTex 1400 with about a half an ounce of apple wood chips.

Name:	20171018_172350.jpg 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	635
I left them there until smoke stopped coming out of the top of my smoker, maybe 45 minutes. Then I pulled them out, sauced them up, and threw them on the gas grill @ low flame to let the sauce set. Next time I'd probably just throw them back in the smoker to let the sauce set up.

Name:	20171018_182013.jpg 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	636
Conclusion: They were awesome! Not as good as 6-7 hour ribs, but the entire process, including prep and cleanup took less than two hours. We were able to have smoked ribs, on a Wednesday, with a newborn in the house, and we hadn't even planned on eating ribs, until after work.

If I have the time, I will stick to the 3-2-1 method, but this is a close second, and a lot less labor intensive (not like the 3-2-1s are difficult to do in a smokintex) And if we decide we want ribs, and haven't planned ahead, now at least we have the option!

Name:	20171018_183528.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	631

Not sure why some of the pictures are upside down, but you get the idea!