Thread: By Gawd's Barbeque Sauce From Scratch

Default By Gawd's Barbeque Sauce From Scratch

This is real cowboy cookin’ here. The way the big dogs hunt. No ketchup is involved. Pure scratch. The biggest problem I’ve had with this is keeping people out of the kitchen dipping bread in it so I would still have enough to do my barbecue. I wish I could remember the name of the ranch where I got this so I could give them credit but I can’t to save my life. I just remember it was one of the best barbecue I ever had and the sauce was the difference.

3 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
    1 small bottle of Worcestershire sauce
    tsp. garlic powder
    lb. butter
    cup brown sugar
    1 tsp. dry mustard
    2 tbls. vinegar
    2 tbls. lemon juice
    1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
    tsp. seasoned "hot" salt
    tsp. seasoned pepper
    bottle Figero's Mesquite Smoke Marinade or Liquid Smoke of your choice

Simmer all ingredients for 30 minutes. This really works best when you use it after the meat is done, then bake it on. When you pull your ribs out of the Smokin' Tex have your oven preheated to 200 degrees F and brush the sauce on the ribs both sides and re-brush every 10 - 15 minutes for about one hour or longer. The longer you do this, the better it is. It depends on how much more beer you want to drink before you eat it.

From "A Broke Cowboy's Cookbook", by David W. "By Gawd" Andrews www.abrokecowboyscookbook.com and http://abrokecowboyscookbook.blogspot.com
    Last edited by By Gawd; 03-16-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Error in spelling

Great sauce loved it and think the kids and wife liked it more than I did. Had a five and a three year old that ate a half rack each and I went away hungry thanks again will make this one again soon

Family Loves the sauce. Its like way Better then Spring Creek BBQ here in Dallas area. I have been looking for this Recipe for a long time. Thanks

I smoked some ribs and pork tenderloin last week and tried this recipe for some out of town family members. They all loved it. I had about 3 racks of baby backs that I smoked for 3 hours. Instead of putting them in the oven I coated them with the sauce, wrapped them in foil and put them back in the smoker for another hour. The left over was sauce was used for those who wanted more. After the evening was over there was none left and several requests for the recipe.

What are you referring to when you say seasoned Hot Salt and seasoned pepper?

Thanks,