Thread: Remote read thermometer

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Remote read thermometer

While I did try a search, it looks like there hasn't been a discussion on them in a while, so here goes...

Anybody have input on a dual probe remote read thermometer?

I've been running a 732 Maverick, and I've finally had it with the probe issues. Seems like if the wind is blowing in the right direction and the stars align, I get both probes to work. Lately, however, the wind and stars have been problematic.

So should I just get a new set of probes and stick with my otherwise faithful 732 or upgrade, and if upgrade, to what?
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

I would upgrade to a Tappecue.

Just food for thought...

ET732 59.99
    REPLACEMENT PROBES 4@16.99 67.96

TOTAL 127.95
    AGRAVATION AND SHIPPING ?

GRAND TOTAL YOUR DECISION

TAPPECUE WIFI WITH 4 PROBES 149.00

DIFFERENCE WITHOUT AGRAVATION $89 A LOT OF $ BUT WHEN YOU CONSIDER WHAT YOU ARE GETTING AND THE FREEDOM IT GIVES YOU, IT IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WORTH
    RESEARCHING AND GATHERING THE INFORMATION TO MAKE THE DECISION THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU. AND, you won't have to spend $ for the extra probe replacements any longer.
    1500CXLD, Amerique, PG1000, Tappecue, Thermopen
    Good Meat deserves a REST!
    It's done when it's done and
    If you're happy with the results, that's ALL that matters

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Efgm, I know the 733 maverick is the upgrade of the 732, and the 735 is the wireless upgrade of that, but it seems like it gets so-so results on the wireless side. Your post has me thinking about moving away together.
    On tappecue, any experience using the offline mode? At home, I'd have no problem with an internet connection, at the lake, internet is nearly non existent, and even a cell signal can be iffy. Is the off line mode dependent on a cell connection, or does tappecue merely see your phone as the remote?

Also, any other folks with Tappecue experience? I'd like to do this one time, the RIGHT way!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Sending you a PM, be sure to check it out.
    1500CXLD, Amerique, PG1000, Tappecue, Thermopen
    Good Meat deserves a REST!
    It's done when it's done and
    If you're happy with the results, that's ALL that matters