Thread: Lotsa butt cooks, how do I prepare in advance?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Lotsa butt cooks, how do I prepare in advance?

Ok, my niece is graduating this spring and wants pulled pork. Another family member has a large grill in an old fuel oil tank. He ďhot smokesĒ. My niece has made it known she prefers my pork over his and wants me to do the pulled pork. Iíve got a 1400. Im thinking weíre going to be on the order of 200 folks. Iím thinking half a pound a piece, plus sides (not my problem), but thatís still gonna be like 15 butts.

Any thoughts for me on preparing that kind of quantity? The only thing I can think of is to some as many as I can at a time and somehow freeze or refrigerate, but Iím afraid of drying out and trying to rehear that much.

Any guidance from my big quantity/food truck/restaurant preparers, or anyone else?
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Hello, Here are a few tips from Bockert on our Forums. He smoked briskets for a large wedding but some of his info might help. Good luck!
    http://forums.smokintex.com/showthre...edding-Brisket

And Lessons Learned Doing 12 Briskets For A Wedding
    http://forums.smokintex.com/showthre...-for-a-wedding

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Thank you!!! The last tip in the second link was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Also, thanks to member Bockert!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Bigwalleye, Awesome. Let us know how it all turns out!