Thread: Brisket Wrapped in Butcher Paper?

Default Brisket Wrapped in Butcher Paper?

Anyone?

I am considering trying this myself, just because so many of the bbq gods do this method already.

Anyone try it? What are your results?And..... where did you get your butcher paper?

I found some on Amazon, but if I could find a local source I would prefer that route.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

I'm interested in this also. I've had the same results locally.

Ok you've got my attention. Looking forward to how this turns out.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Quote Originally Posted by DReeves View Post
    Anyone?

I am considering trying this myself, just because so many of the bbq gods do this method already.

Anyone try it? What are your results?And..... where did you get your butcher paper?

I found some on Amazon, but if I could find a local source I would prefer that route.
    Not to be "Captain Obvious", Darren, but for a one-time try, talk to your local butcher....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Right?!?

Thank you, Jim.... and it's ok to be captain obvious. I am embarrassed to say I did not think of that, but I sure am glad you did
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

As a follow up, I did try this method. It works just fine. I recommend gloves for handling the brisket and unwrapping the butcher paper

been doing my brisket this way ever since i read the book on franklin BBQ in austin. before i would put it in paper bags in igloo cooler for about and hour then pull and slice; ribs got same treatment then put in oven with glaze on them for about 30 mins.
    but the franklin method of putting them bck in pit to finish cooking is the way to go.
    caveat- i built a brick pit 40 years ago and use it to BBQ brisket and ribs.
    i usemy smokin' tex for everything else. tried a brisket in smokin tex at wife's house and she was extremely too insistant on "Is it ready yet?" that i pulled it out prematurely and she got her bloody brisket and shut up.
    so now i do it at my house on my time.
    yes we are still married

hopefully by now(2020) you found some. HEB stores carry it. they havn't(damifino why) made it much past weatherford waxahacie line. if they ever get into the metroplex they will put every one else out of business.