Thread: Craigslist ST 1400

Default Craigslist ST 1400

Ordered my 1st ST 1400 April 2014. Still own it but it’s in storage. I am working out of town for the next 9 months and living in my 5th wheel. I decided to look at Craigslist for a smoker I could use while on the road. I’m getting the itch to smoke some meat. Much to my surprise the 1st smoker that popped up was an ST 1400. After an hour drive and testing the temp for 30 minutes, I officially have a 2nd ST 1400. Really nice older retired lady was selling it due to the fact that her retirement community doesn’t allow BBQ’s or Smokers. I couldn’t be happier. Might be the best $60 I have ever spent. Hoping my 30 amp 5th wheel can handle the extra load. Tri Tip tonight since the local store was out of brisket.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Congrats on the new addition! One more reason to not live in a "managed" community. Gotta say, though, for $60, I hope you can sleep at night, but with that Tri-tip, perhaps a solid couple helpings will induce a meat coma to help you out!! Congrats on the find!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Right on all accounts bigwalleye. She was an extremely nice lady. The Tri Tip took 3 hrs at 225 and finished at 132. Wrapped it and let it rest 30 minutes before slicing thin against the grain. At the 1 hr mark I threw in 2 potatoes. The potatoes were slightly smoky but cooked well. All in all a great unit and a great 1st meal. This until holds really consistent temperature for being a 2006. Kept temps within 15 degrees and no issues plugged into the outdoor outlet on my 5th wheel.

$60 for a 1400 was a great buy. The 1400 element is only 700 watts, well below the 15 amp (about 1600 watts) circuits most RV have. You shouldn't use a space heater, blow dryer or electric hot water heater at the same time on same circuit at the same time as the smoker or a circuit breaker will probably pop.