Thread: First cook on new to me 1500

Default First cook on new to me 1500

Greetings from new user!

Just picked up a 14 year old 1500 in great shape. Iím a long time weber bullet smoker but like the ease of electric and needed something for large batches of smoked salmon.

Just did a tri tip with a garlic and fresh herb rub. 2hrs at 215 to get to 130 followed by a sear on 500 degree gas grill. Turned out really good but I think it was a choice cut so not as tender as I wanted.

I can tell Iím going love this smoker.. just got find a source for more racks that arenít $50 each.

Ron

Welcome to the family. Love my 1400 that’s 9 yrs old. Be sure to post some of your cooks.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Welcome aboard! New members are required to post the address along with phots of the cook and the time you expect guests to arrive.....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Since the racks are stainless steel, you only have to buy them once in your lifetime. $50 well spent.
    I bought a used 1400 on a cart for $150 and had to buy all the racks plus a thermostat but it was totally worth it.