Thread: remote temp thermometer, bluetooth or wifi?

Default remote temp thermometer, bluetooth or wifi?

I am looking for a remote meat thermometer with 2 probes to use on my Smokintex 1400, and weber kettle grill.
    I want temp probes that stand up and it would be nice to have bluetooth or wifi app to check temps from my phone
    while around the house.

I am looking at the Weber Igrill 2 with 2 temp probes....$100 bucks
    any good advice on what to buy?

I have a Thermoworks "Smoke". It doesn't have cell linkage, but does have a remote receiver. Alarms are really easy to set and the remote receiver has excellent range. It is the one I use all the time. Units use AA batteries, and last 50+ hours before needing replacement. Cost is about $170 unless you get it on one of the sales. Probes are expensive unless you get them on sale, they are very durable as I've only worn one out from kinking.

I also have an Inkbird IBT-4XS that does have an android app for bluetooth connections. It works well and can be controlled by the app. It is just I use my phone for audio when BBQing and can't use the Inkbird at the same time. Unit is rechargable and lasts though several cooks before needing recharging.

thanks ,. I'll check Thermoworks out

I have the Inkbird WiFi Grill Thermometer IBBQ-4T. Been very pleased with it so far.

I have the Meater... luv it... erhh them, wife bought the dual pack
    "I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade...and, try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka."
    Ron White