Thread: Cornish game hens on the smoker

Default Cornish game hens on the smoker

I have a pair of Cornish game hens on the smoker. Will follow this up with a how-to if they turn out good.
    So far I took a pair of 16 oz game hens and washed them good. Then took paper towels and tried them. Sprayed the skin with pam cooking spray.(That allows the skin to get where its good to eat) Then sprinkled it outside with black pepper and salt and garlic powder, Then the same inside with a little butter and some orange peal.
    placed a pan under them to catch the drippings for Herb gravy. Man they stuff is good.
    Plan on smoking them for 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 225.
    Pete
    Being perpaired

It took 3 hours to get them where I like them.

Here's one with the Herb gravy and wild rice potato salad and bread.

Sure were good.
    Pete
    Last edited by smokin-tnpete; 08-09-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Proud owner of one of the first of 1500's sold when they were more like a test smoker
    Doctor told me years ago to quite smoking, So I quit cold turkey. But will never quit smoking with my Smokin Tex 1500

That looks GOOD! Great pics!

What is the sauce on the hens?

Lookin good man..

Nice.....very nice!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Yup nice!!
    Got Smoke?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I came across this recipe on Facebook last week. Talk about the power of suggestion! Picked up a few birds at the store and smoked them up last night. Boy, the orange sure adds a nice flavor. I actually quartered some of those little "cuties", like a tangerine, and just stuffed a couple quarters in each bird. Squeezed the quaters a little going in and released some of the juice. Smoked to 150 internal, finished in the oven. Set the smoker at 225, smoked with a couple oz of apple chips. Made gravy with the pan drippings that I saved, and made some garlic mashed. Outstanding!!

Also a shout out to smokin-tnpete. It was pete's recommendation on a fishing site that got me here and got me to look at ST smokers in the first place.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!