Thread: Beef Back Ribs

Default Beef Back Ribs

Walmart had beef back ribs discounted at $4.50/rack so I decided to buy 2 racks, I have never cooked beef ribs but figured the ST 1400 would do an excellent job as always and make them enjoyable. I rubbed them with garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, chili powder... Smoked for 4 hours at 225 and they were outstanding!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beefribs.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	222

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beefribs2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	223
    Last edited by Bwalk76; 08-20-2012 at 10:44 PM.

OUTSTANDING! iSN'T COOKING WITH A SMOKIN TEX LOTS OF FUN AND EASSSSSY! The units make us all instant bbq/smoking champs!

I like them as well, although it's hard to find any meaty ones in this area. Dang things are about 90% bone.
    Last time I did beef ribs, I first marinated in Yoshida's Gourmet sauce, with some red pepper flakes tossed in. Came out pretty good.

I concur with you about there not being a lot of meat on the beef ribs, that is drawback but I figured for such a low price that I paid, what the heck. Also, it was something new to try! I will have to try the marinade some time soon.

I buy whole bone in rib-eyes to cut up and make steaks. So I get to remove the rack to smoke those awesome loin ribs separately.