Thread: Come on UPS

Default Come on UPS

Man, I can't wait to get my 1400. It should be here today.

I hope you have your 1400 by now... if so I KNOW you are enjoying it... I can not remember ever getting something that gave me so much pleasure in the past. These things are marvelous in every way!

Its been 4 days since your post. Whats up. And how good was the first cookout. Let us know.....Steve

Default Got my 1400

I was finally able to put it to good use last Saturday after having received it at the end of October. It was a long wait just looking at it in my living room before it was used. We did a 10# turkey and timed it for 8.5 hours at 50 minutes per pound, as suggested on this site. After watching the latest video, the gentleman timed his at 45 minutes per pound. The latter is right on as our first attempt was a bit over cooked. The smoke flavor was awesome and it matched if not surpassed how I used to smoke in a barrel smoker with a firebox at one end. It took me ALL day to monitor the temp in the oven and add logs as needed. Now, once the door is shut, it isn't opened until it's ready to eat! What a awesome smoker! We are doing 2 12# birds for 'sammiches' on TDay evening when our family invades us after already having a whole TDay meal at noon. So, sandwiches are a very welcome thing to them as they really don't want two big TDay meals in the same afternoon/evening. Can't wait to hear their take on the birds. The one we served Sunday was a huge hit and we were told it was 'just like it always was'. I am SO very pleased with this smoker and thank TPTB for finding it. I hope YOU are as happy with yours as I am with ours.

Kaz....glad to hear you are enjoying your 1400...trust me...it just gets better. Let us know if we can help.

BillyBob