Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auber Dual Probe

Default Auber Dual Probe

I am not happy with the temp flucuations in the 1400. Does anyone know if the Auber Dual Probe WSD1202CPHa will work with this Smoker?

Kj4yf...I don't know about that probe...I use a Maverick ET-73 probe. It is a dual probe that measures internal temp and meat temp. I run the wires down through the hole in the top...it's remote and works great.

BillyBob

Default auber pid

I am looking at the auber WSD 1203 chp as it is not set up for the Bradley

you can plug the 1400 into the unit and plug the auber into the power and you can the control the heat fluctuations to within a couple of degrees so i am ordering one and going to try it out they are 185.00 dollars but i think it will be worth it

northernQ

Hey northern, just wondering how the auber pid worked out for you. And also do you have to dissconnect the factory temp control before you plug into the auber unit. Thanks, Josh

I have been looking at that Auber WSD 1203 for another smoker I have. Would appreciate any update. Thanks!

Default Up grading controller

Just installed syl 2342 from Auber. It holds the temp within 2 degrees. The problem is that the element is not on long enough to create smoke. The controller anticipates the change in temp even on initial heat up, and starts regulating almost immediately. You will not over shoot your set point but the heating element is never on long enough to start the wood on fire. If you use the on/off mode, you still must set it for 10 degrees of tolerance which will over shoot by 30 degrees on first cycle. I am going to try wood chips instead of chunks. Or after 3 or 4 hours of smoke, I will change to auto mode to finish cooking. Also I am going to change the prob from sticking straight out from the back to a hook mount that I will hang from a rack in the high middle of the smoker. I have learned that the original placement of the prob could be a very dead spot as there is so much mass to heat or cool down,with little air flow. I have learned that moving the original temp thermo couple, might have saved me the trouble.
    Then again, maybe that is what is necessary to keep the heat on long enough to burn the wood.
    As a sausage maker, I can not have the temp higher than the melting point of fat.

I am also considering the auber dual probe plug n play model.

AceofSpd: How did it work when you switched to wood chips. What temp were you targeting when you said the wood would not burn?

Anyone else have any luck with this controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Q View Post
    I am looking at the auber WSD 1203 chp as it is not set up for the Bradley

you can plug the 1400 into the unit and plug the auber into the power and you can the control the heat fluctuations to within a couple of degrees so i am ordering one and going to try it out they are 185.00 dollars but i think it will be worth it

northernQ
    How did it work for you?

Default auber dual probe

we have had one on our 1400 since early this spring and it keeps the heat just perfect, there is no temperature swing, it operates plus or minus about 3 degrees

we will take a picture and show you all the setup later this week

never would go without it now Northern Q

Please note the attached picture we use the auber pid set up for the bradley smoker as you can set up to six steps with it and we have found that as the temperature does not fluxuate at all it cuts the time by quite a bit, yesterday we 6 pounds of st louis style and they were done in a tad over 4 hours the outside temperature was 60 degrees and the ribs had sat with rub on them for 24 hours prior to putting in the smoker works great

Northern Q

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUBER1_resize.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	215Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUBER2_resize.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUBER3_resize.jpg 
Views:	110