Thread: Thinking about buying another one

Thumbs up Thinking about buying another one

I purchased my smoker in March of 2010 with the intent to do a little more smoking, (my previous was a charcoal brinkman20 yrs old). My neighbor raises hogs in the summer (aprox 25) and I thought it would be great to be able to help him out and do a little smoking instead of having to send it out. not everyone had bacon or hams smoked about 50% of them did. so I went on line and found some recipies for making bacon and whole hams, after a couple of months of trial and not much error and tweeking recipies I found what seems to be favored by most. Then butchering season started in late September and all hell broke loose, I ended up having to find a larger cooler to keep up with the orders, he was butchering two hogs a week and I had to keep up. In two months time I have smoked over 1100 lbs of whole hams and bacon (aprox 95%of his hogs) in my Smokin Tex Smoker. I've also had to find a distributor to sell me pork bellies because they want more bacon. I have also done whole chickens and venison summer sausage, and people are placing orders for this as well. I have a full time job and my wife and I are raising three kids, she didnt really complain when I told her I wanted to purchase the first unit, and I think she would gladly welcome a second (to free me up a little), the best decision I could have made was to talk with Scott at Smokin Tex and order this Smoker. I installed the unit in my garage and do not have to worry about the weather at all, as soon as I have time I will post some pics just in case someone else out there has a little more free time than they need.

I'd like to see pics of that garage install.... can't wait!

I too would like to see the garage install.

BillyBob

Make that three on the garage install.
    L J

Holy cow, a garage install? I am SO there. Can't wait to see how you did it.