Thread: My SmokinTex, home made stand

Default My SmokinTex, home made stand

Made a smoker stand for my Smokin Tex.....Also have (not shown) my racks hanging underneath via hooks......

Works great!!!

In fact, I used my smoker so much, my heating element is starting to hang down, making my wood box hard to get on and off.....I guess I need to order a new heating element....

dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wood stand.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	612
    Smoking pics....
    Last edited by baltimorebayside; 09-15-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Cool Cool Stand

That smoker stand is so cool!

Default Nice Stand

Thinking about making a cook and smoking area out of metal studs, cement board and cut stone, just need to come up with a plan.

I had to replace one of my elements also. It got to hanging down and did not last but 2 more 20+ hour cookings.
    So I replaced both of mine in my 1500 rather then leave one old one it. I ordered the replacements and SmokinTex had them to me in no time.
    Nice stand for your smoker also. Theres times I wish I had one of the smaller smokers. But like all the stuff I can do on the big one. Its just hard to take with us at times.
    Pete
    Proud owner of one of the first of 1500's sold when they were more like a test smoker
    Doctor told me years ago to quite smoking, So I quit cold turkey. But will never quit smoking with my Smokin Tex 1500

The model 1400 works great for me and has plenty of room for what I use it for....

I took mine down to the lake house one weekend and smoked a 12 lb packer cut brisket for everyone......it turned out so well, my brother in law bought a 1400 and his brother bought the bigger 1500 model!!!!

My replacement heating element showed up today, wife just called, ordered it last Monday, Thanksgiving week.......not bad......

I have a brisket calling me in the middle of the night.......THAW ME!!!! THAW ME!!!!!....Just may pull him out of the deep freeze in the garage when I get home!!! I'm all turkey'd' out anyway.....

dan