Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Pro Cart worth the money?

Default Is the Pro Cart worth the money?

I am getting ready to purchase my first smokin tex smoker. The 1400. I am trying to decide if the cart is worth it. What do you all think. How tall is the cart?

Shady1070...look at my post under General. They seem to be a bit on the expensive side...however...after 10yrs I pulled the trigger. They are about 20inches tall and on wheels....easy to move around. Remmember...if you buy the cart you will need the cover that fits the 1400 with the cart...I think the # is 1410 for the cover. Made of stainless steel to resist rust. If you don't buy the cart...check my post...I have two covers for sale.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine!!!!

BillBob

I went to Sam's Club and bought a wire cart. They have them at Costco also:
    https://www.sevilleclassics.com/products.php?pid=83

Then I removed the wheels from the 1400 and found four bolts and fender washers to bolt it to the top shelf. You may have to use some spacers to elevate the unit high enough to fit the drip pan on the top shelf.

I have several neighbors that borrow my smoker, and this works great to roll it up and down the block. The bigger shelves are nice to store the wood, tin foil, etc.

Twobucks...I bought one of those for my second 1400 about 6yrs ago...didn't put it in the garage but kept it under my carport. The legs rusted badly so I decided to replace both carts with the stainless steel carts.

BillyBob

Quote Originally Posted by shady1070 View Post
    I am getting ready to purchase my first smokin tex smoker. The 1400. I am trying to decide if the cart is worth it. What do you all think. How tall is the cart?
    I went through the same thought process. I debated on whether or not to buy the cart and ended up buying it. Now I'm glad I did. It put the smoker at a comfortable level. If you do get it I would suggest hand tightening the bolts on the cart, install the smoker, tighten it down, then tighten the cart down. The bolt holes on my smoker (1400) didn't quite line up at first but after I loosened up the bolts on the cart I was able to secure the smoker.

You are sooo right my friend...I should have mentioned that...I'm getting old!!!

BillyBob

yes ! the cart is wort the money ..

The cart is probably great if you're planning to move the smoker around. I keep mine on my covered back porch, but wanted some workspace and to have the smoker at a more comfortable level, so I got one of these tables:

http://trinityii.com/table_8.php

I got mine from costco.com. They're not currently available from costco, but they pop up from time to time for $125, with free shipping when they come back in stock.

Default Accessory cart

I have a model 1400 and I've been toying with the idea of getting the cart but I have a question. My 1400 already has wheels which I assume will need to be removed. Does the cart come with it's own wheels so that I have a 2nd set or do I need to relocate my wheels from the 1400 to the cart?

yukon...it comes with wheels!

BillBob