Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great smoker

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

Default Great smoker

I lucked out and got my smokin tex about 10 years ago at the hunting and fishing show in my home town--I would not trade it for any other cooker--tried the green egg--not even close as a smoker--not bad as a bbq pit--I've cooked everything from jerky to tenderloin..have sold several friends on smokin tex and have not had one person cuss me yet--they all love it--the service has been great and the people friendly--if my smoker ever goes down--after I stop crying---I'll order a new Smokin Tex

coach...I agree with you...however...what has kept you from posting eariler...we need more people like you to join in the forum and let everyone know how great this smoker is!!!!

BillyBob

Default Cold Weather

I am close to buying a Smokin Tex, however as I have been comparing the only thing that has concerned me is that some of the reviews have noted a lack of insulation on the Smokin Tex. Is this an issue, while I live in North Texas where it doesn't get extremely cold, I will want to use it as much or more during the winter. Thanks for any help.

scp0305...I have smoked on mine when it was 20 degrees with a 15 mph wind with no problems...where you are located thier should be no problems what-so-ever and you will love it!!!!

BillyBob

I live in the Dallas area and smoked during our little 4 snow day ice and cold snap. Everything worked well and came out great. You will love your smoker.

Thank you for the information, I will be purchasing soon.!

I have used my 1400 in 5-degree weather in a snow storm. I should have taken pictures, and it made the neighbors laugh. That is, until they had some of that smoked steel-head and jalapeno dip...

I live in northern Minnesota and have had a Smokin Tex for 7 years now. I smoke in -30degrees and have no problems, thats minus 30!!!.
    lobster tails,turkeys and ribs are my favorite and I've been doing alot of stuffed portabella mushrooms lately and my friends are dying for them !!!!

Default Smoke at 0-10F

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frozen grease by ctimmer.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	391Check out the greasecicle below the smoker.

Make sure you don't allow the drain to clog in cold weather.

Curt

ctimmer...I had forgot about the picture...that there is funny...I don't care who you are!!!!

BillyBob