Thread: Smoke time for15# of baby back ribs?

Smile Smoke time for15# of baby back ribs?

New to the forum, but have had my Smokin Tex for 7 years. Tomorrow I will be smoking 15# of baby back ribs. Any guess as to smoke time? I will be smoking at 225 F. I live at 3500 ft in Montana. Will be using apple wood Have done lots of brisket, pulled pork, and fish but never this many ribs at once. Dinner is at 5 pm. I will be using Memphis dust for my rub.

Bobbique...how do you plan on putting them in the ST...hang or lay? I don't think the mass of the meat will have affect on temp and time...probably about 6-8 hrs...JMO...maybe someone that has cooked that much will chime in!!!

BillyBob

Bobbique...almost forgot...welcome to the forum...don't be a stranger!!!!

BillyBob

Thanks for your thoughts and the welcome Billy Bob. I'll be laying them flat. Will start with 6 hrs and post how they came out. If they need more time the dinner will be late. I think this forum will be a ball.

Smile 1st large rib success from the ST of Robert Quenten Cook

15# of Baby Backs (6 slabs)
    Temp: 225 F
    Smoke Time: 6 1/2 hrs
    Wood: apple
    Rub: Memphis Dust ref:http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_...phis_dust.html

I sprinkled a thin layer of brown sugar on the slaps after removing from the smoker. Then I wrapped each 1/2 slab in foil and.finished in the oven for 1hr. Placed foil wrapped slabs in coleman cooler wrapped in towels. No sauce. 4 hours after placing in the cooler they were still hot moist and tender.

Not too hot. Not too smokey. Not too sweet. These were great withou sauce.

Thank's again BillyBob and the folks at ST