Thread: Smoked Catfish

Default Smoked Catfish

Just a quick note about some smoked catfish fillets I did tonight. I sort of combined the two recipes on the web site and was very happy with the results. I bought 3 good sized fillets that were already Cajun seasoned from New Flower Market here in Dallas. I prepared a tray with turned up sides out of the Reynolds non-stick aluminium foil that was just under the size of my seafood rack and placed the fillets in there. I cut a good sized pat of butter and put it in the center of each fillet with a lemon slice on each side of it.

All that went in the smoker set at 225 with 2oz of hickory for an hour.

After the fish had smoked for about a half an hour I heated up my grill and made some of my grilled/sauted yellow squash, baby bella mushrooms and spinach.

When the hour was up I took the rack out of the smoker and slid the foil tray off onto the hot grill. I grilled the fish on the foil (if you haven't tried the non-stick foil for grilling tender or small items yet go buy some now) for just a few minutes turning it over once so that both sides could firm up just a little.

My wife was very happy with the meal and I have to say, it did come out really well.

David J

I might try that with some of the crappie I caught yesterday south of you on Richland Chambers, it sounds good.

David...I like the idea of firming it up on the grill...will have to give it a try...as to date I only eat fish breaded and fried.

BillyBob

Sounds good!