Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke Chips

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

A postal scale, a dietary scale, or a scale app on your smart phone, in that order.

Its tough to guess weight on a chunk, but easier on chips if you're doing a short dense smoke, like cold smoke for cheese. By my scale, a ziplock snack bag with the bottom covered all across, such that, when rolled, I can get my index finger and thumb around it without squeezing. If you gots ham hands or piano fingers, YMMV.....
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Okay I am 6'-05" and 280 lbs and I got HAM hands so maybe I just need to see what a pinch of my fingers produces? lol . I got my reloading scale out and placed some chunks on it and I now know approximately the correct size ! Thanks but the Dietary scale will not help me....

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I'm 6 ft and 260 with ham hands as well. I went the postal scale route, since I have one. My dietary scale involves the capacity of the dinner plate relative to the appetite.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!