Thread: Bacon Anticipation

Default Bacon Anticipation

Hi guys(and gals, if any), new to this forum here. I have had my 1400 for about 8 years now. It was a gift. I'm going to be smoking two pork bellies I've been curing this past week. One I soaked in a brine and the other I used a dry rub. Both are a little over 5 lbs each and will be gooing into the smoker tomorrow morning.
    I'll keep you all posted on how they come out.

Those two slabs of pork bellies finally got smoked today and here is how they looked before and after about four hours in my Smokin'Tex.

Ready to go into the smoker. This is the one that was brine cured.

This one was dry rub cured. I coated this one with fresh cracked black pepper for what else but, Peppered Bacon.

In the smoker

Done and ready to come out

I thought I got a couple of pictures before wrapping them and putting them in the fridge until tomorrow. I guess I forgot, I had to get to work. I'll slice them up tomorrow evening.

Cajunator...great job!!!! Let me know how they taste!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Sliced up the bacon tonight!
    I have to tell ya'll I hate slicing? Maybe it's the POS slicer I have(Toastmaster). I need to remedy that when I find a good one at a good price.

I actually almost forgot to get pictures as once I got started and had bacon fat hands I got rolling. I did manage to get a couple though.

The peppered version. I had to cut each slab in half before slicing they were so big.

Sliced

I cooked a few slices in the microwave while packaging it up. Really pretty darn good if I must say so myself. Definitely has a good hickory smoke flavor!
    I think I'm set for a while as I ended up with 12 packages of at least 1 lb each. A few are about 1.5 lbs and 3 packages of cooking scraps. I'm definitely going to be cooking some green beans with some of these scraps real soon.

I guess I'll hold off on the other slab(same size)for a while.

I'm going to be up in north Alabama cooking for the Red Cross again in about a month and I'm thinking about stopping by the slaughterhouse where these slabs came from. Can't beat the price at $2.00 a lb.

Man that sure looks good Cajun
    great job....buying some tonight finally found PB in the area.
    Mrex

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunator View Post
    Sliced up the bacon tonight!
    I have to tell ya'll I hate slicing? Maybe it's the POS slicer I have(Toastmaster). I need to remedy that when I find a good one at a good price.

I actually almost forgot to get pictures as once I got started and had bacon fat hands I got rolling. I did manage to get a couple though.

The peppered version. I had to cut each slab in half before slicing they were so big.

Sliced

I cooked a few slices in the microwave while packaging it up. Really pretty darn good if I must say so myself. Definitely has a good hickory smoke flavor!
    I think I'm set for a while as I ended up with 12 packages of at least 1 lb each. A few are about 1.5 lbs and 3 packages of cooking scraps. I'm definitely going to be cooking some green beans with some of these scraps real soon.

I guess I'll hold off on the other slab(same size)for a while.

I'm going to be up in north Alabama cooking for the Red Cross again in about a month and I'm thinking about stopping by the slaughterhouse where these slabs came from. Can't beat the price at $2.00 a lb.

Thanks!!!!

Cool! Good luck with it!