Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spareribs 2 ways

Default Spareribs 2 ways

Both slabs were ruubbed and vaccumed sealed overnight and smoked at about 240 for close to 6 hrs. The rack at the top of the picture was smoked 3-1.5-1 and sauced the last 30 min. The bottom rack was rubbed only....both were very taste and tender but the top rack that was foiled for 1.5 hrs is like my wife likes them...almost falling off the bone...used about 8 oz hickory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	79

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Smells great, enjoy.....Steve

Damn, those look good. I'll have to try my next ones the way your wife likes them. Nice job!

SmokeRing
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

[QUOTE=BillyBob;1896]Both slabs were ruubbed and vaccumed sealed overnight and smoked at about 240 for close to 6 hrs. The rack at the top of the picture was smoked 3-1.5-1 and sauced the last 30 min.

BillyBob....3-1.5-1... Correct in assuming 3 in the smoke, 1.5 in foil in the heated cabinet and 1 in a cooler? Or back in the smoker without foil? Please clarify. They look great!

bigwaleye....3 in smoke...1.5 foiled back in smoker at 240...1hr unfoiled back in the smoker and sauced the last 30 min. If you try to foil for 2 hrs, they will be too tender and hard to put back in the smoker. Just take them out...let them cool a bit and enjoy!!!

BillyBob
    Last edited by BillyBob; 08-11-2011 at 08:41 AM.

BillyBob,
    Thank you kindly. I'm going to give them a try. They look awesome...

...and I did try them today on a run of 2 racks of BB's. Ran a little short on time, so modified to 3.25-1.25-.75 (hey, I had to have the wife start them while I was at work, and the commute today was brutal) and then sauced 1 rack with 20 min left in the .75 cycle, 240, 2 oz of apple. Might have to try a big load loke BillyBob does some time just to see...... Going to do the full 3-1.5-1 method next time,with a sauce at 30 min, but this was a great result. Very tender, but not too tender, fell off the bone, great flavor, and still held onto that salt/sweet thing that I like.

A BIG +1 to BillyBob.

Smoke on!

bigwalleye...thanks my friend....glad you liked them!!!!

BillyBob

Kept a half rack in foil and warmed them on the grill at the lake over the weekend with a nice baking spud. Even on the re-warm they were killer. Half a rack, a baked tater, and a couple cold ones really hit the spot.

Bigwalleye...just got back from the lake myself...and I have used that method many times with great results. Howerer, I have one of mine at the lake and can cook there too!!!! Good for you my friend!!!!

BillyBob