Thread: How 'bout a Labor Day Smoke-athon?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default How 'bout a Labor Day Smoke-athon?

In honor of Labor Day, and all the hard working folks among us, How about we all reward ourselves and our hard work this summer by celebrating with our Smokers?
    If everybody on this forum smoked something during Labor Day Weekend sometime for the get-togethers, imaging how much better our weekend would be, and how much of that wonderful wood smoke we could share with others in our neighborhoods. Go get something to smoke and post it here, just to see what kind of variety we can pull together.

To start the thread off, and in the spirit of things,

I'm going to do a half dozen fatties and a big 'ol pork butt.

I'll be at the lake and doing ribs and pork butt's on the smoker and steaks and bugers on the grill!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

I'll be smokin two pork butts 16 lbs worth, and hanging out by the pool with friends. This will be my fifth party since buying the 1400 back in July. The people just rave over how good of a cook I am. Psst. They just don"t realize what my secret is yet. (whispering).

Anyway, I smoked 30 lbs of ribs at yesterday's party plus the usual hamburgers and hotdogs for those not liking the finer meats in life.

Happy Smokin,

SmokeRing
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Just vacum sealed the leftovers from a 14 lb brisket, I smoked yesterday, it couldn't have been better.

I started off doing a 13lb brisket for Saturday, then made a 13lb. corned beef into Pastrami for Sunday and for Labor Day did smoked Tuna dip and pastrami burgers!!! Whew was it a Smokin' Holiday!!!!