Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoked Rack of Lamb and Cheeses

owene-

Just saw your post, so, probably too late with my answer since the weekend has come and gone, but, just in case: I would suggest you use a digital thermo probe of some kind (most everyone around seems to use some flavor of the Maverick). I bought a "semi-boneless leg of lamb"* from Sam's club last week and de-boned it and cleaned it up Saturday and put it in a marinade (olive oil, red wine vinegar, crushed garlic cloves, fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh thyme and fresh tarragon). Then early Sunday morning I pulled it from the marinade, knocked large sprigs and chunks of garlic off it, rolled/folded it up and tied it and rubbed it with ground dried rosemary, oregano, kosher salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and paprika and put it in to smoke with about 2 ounces of Apple chunk. I smoked it till it hit 145 internal temp. I let it rest about 10 minutes and then sliced it. It was a nice medium/medium rare and was very tender. Sorry, didn't grab any photos of it before every one ate on it.

Overall I would estimate it too about 2.5 hours to get to temp smoking at 225.

Good luck.

* still not sure how something is "semi-boneless" ...either ..it's got bones or it doesn't ....right?

Thanks, David!

I am so trying this! Appreciate the detail!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all