Thread: I want a big ol' BUTT for Christmas!

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default I want a big ol' BUTT for Christmas!

Gonna do a nice big butt with a really nice fat cap for Christmas Eve with my family, and I'm gonna throw in a couple nice fatties near the end, just for a little pre-dinner teaser, then F-T-C and off to my parents house for dinner. Mom wanted to make something for those that might not like pulled pork. Dad laughed at her. He'e been to Canada with me enough to know there ain't NOBODY that don't like a pulled pork sandwich, a plate of cole slaw and beans, and a shot of some good Kansas City barbeque sauce....

Bigwalleye...good for you...I would to the same thing but my wife says NO grilled or smoke stuff at Christmas dinner. Makes me want to run away from home!!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Default Seems like reverse reasoning to me...

What better time to share the fruits of your labor with friends and family than at Christmas??

That's noting but a cry for help. I think you need to do a smoker intervention on 'er.

You're welcome to join us, but you'll need a warm coat....

One question, though. I've never smoked in the winter before. We're looking at temps in the teens overnight. While I've heard that folks in Alaska smike at -30, my question is this: Any idea how much longer it takes for the same item??? While it's a "temp" thing for sure, anybody have any info on smoking a large item both summer and winter in the north that can enlighten me a little as to what kind of time I'm in for? I suspect longer, certainly, but how much?

Thanks!