Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door leaks

Default Door leaks

Used my new 1500 CXLD about 8 times, still leaking smoke around the door at the top. Any suggestions?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Maybe same, maybe different, but my year old 1400 still leaks a little on the top corner opposite the hinge, but it seems like only if it's windy enough to force some up the drip hole.

How much is it smoking? Mine smokes a LOT less than it did when new. I know it does take some time for it to "take up".

Perhaps a 1500 owner will weigh in here with more/better info.

[SIZE=]Thanks for the reply, it's smoking quite alot, can't be the wind, i'm using it inside my garage, no breeze. I'll give it a few more times, then I'll contact ST and see what they suggest.[/SIZE]

That's the thing to do. Give it time to season and form to the heat on the panels. They will move a little as they heat up, metal expands as it is heated. Make sure your not overfilling the wood box also. The amount of smoke and fumes contained in the smoker have been known to "FART" sometimes. You will hear small pops and poofs coming from your smoker. Keep some good notes and get some statistics and if it continues call ST and they will advise, and let us know whats going on. We are all here to learn from each other.....Steve

I have been smoking with my 1500 for two years, no leaks. My smoker is quite seasoned, and that's something I love. My food comes out smokey, even without wood.

Any better Bobby?
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Dave - everyone - bottom line is this:

SmokinTex has a great, albeit, unheard of, warranty. Many here on the forum can attest to the incredible responsiveness of the company when it comes to their products. They also have a lot of happy, thrilled customers. If a problem arises, they will assist.

Dave, IMHO, you are making something out of nothing, as you noted you have not purchased a smoker.

I love my 1500. I have ribs on right now, and I'm smoking almonds later.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Fair enough, I understand your concern and questions.

Forgive me if a sounded a bit short in my post. We have all been in your shoes, before making the decision to buy.

BTW, ribs will be ready at 5, and the Pabst will be on ice for you

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Dave,
    Check your mail. PM sent.

Forgive me for asking, but why do you care about smoke leaking out? If the smoker is holding temp, some smoke coming out means nothing.

FWIW I have a 1500 CXLD too, and the door seal is pretty tight but there is still a little smoke that comes out in the beginning of a smoke. And I've done over 2000 pounds of meat in this guy.

I also have a bunch of other smokers, and smoke leaks out of each and every one. Doesn't matter a bit.

Now if the leak is so big that the smoker isn't holding temp, that is a different issue entirely.

Agreed, Woodys.