Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Country style pork ribs BBQ on the way.

Default Country style pork ribs BBQ on the way.

It's currently in the smoker and I will post some pictures as I pull them. I can't wait. MMMMMmmmmmmm.......Guuuuuuuuddddddd!!!!!!
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

These are basically pork shoulders cut into strips (9lbs). I dry rubbed them and put them into the smoker using alder wood and smoking them for 5 hours. I then pulled them and sauced them and wrapped them in aluminum foil for another hour. The leftovers are now in a slow cooker for tonight's dinner.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/DSCF1734.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/DSCF1733.jpg

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/DSCF1735.jpg
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Looks delicious. Now I need to get to my butcher for some pork shoulders
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Thanks DReeves,

I didn't have any time to get better pictures. You wouldn't believe it. My kids were like vultures as I brought them into the kitchen. I seriously had to defend the cook just to get these pictures. It was a mad house. They were laughing at me about getting some pictures and said "who cares dad"? I had to slap their hands and forks away. I didn't get to stage them out for a proper picture. LOL!

Well you know what happens when their lip smakin',finger lickin good. Good time had by all I hope you at least got a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampasteve View Post
    Well you know what happens when their lip smakin',finger lickin good. Good time had by all I hope you at least got a sample.
    Yep, I got some, but man I'll tell ya the kids are 18 (boy), 15 (boy), 12 (boy), and 7 (girl). We had 9 lbs, so there was plenty to go around.

Tonight for dinner I just finished up a small prime rib with green beans, corn, mashed potatoes and freshly made beef gravy, and slow cooked carrots. Damn, it was delicious. The kids raved again.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Smokering, do you mean to say they were pulled, sauced and put back into the smoker for another hour, or left to rest in a cooler in foil for the final hour?

Those look tasty, and I've got some time this weekend, so you know where I'm going.....

Thanks!

[QUOTE=SmokeRing;2490]These are basically pork shoulders cut into strips (9lbs). I dry rubbed them and put them into the smoker using alder wood and smoking them for 5 hours. I then pulled them and sauced them and wrapped them in aluminum foil for another hour. The leftovers are now in a slow cooker for tonight's dinner.

They had a bark on them and wanted to soften them up a little. Just foil them with your sauce and let them steam. They turned out excellent.

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Broke down at Sam's club. A whole case of butts (10) about 7.5 lbs each, for $1.38 per pound. Had to do it. Gonna feed one thru the smoker with this recipe tomorrow. Results afterward.

Couldn't decide if they were ribs or butt, so I rubbed half of them with my salt/pepper based butt rub and the other half with my sugar/beau monde/Tony Chachere's rib rub.

Can't wait for dinner!!!!!

That's a heck of a deal. I would have bought as many as well. Good Smokin. Can't wait for pics.
    Last edited by SmokeRing; 06-29-2012 at 08:01 AM.