Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Who are you and what do you do?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

...and there we have it!

Proof of the power of prayer, and another member welcomed to the congregation!

Once you see how versatile this thing is, you'll wonder how you ever did without it, and you'll seriously doubt the sanity of the man that gave it to you. However, a nice pork butt would be a great gift, so long as he doesn't try to get the smoker back!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

I'm a redneck married to a cajun girl and everyone knows you can't get a cajun out of s.w. louisiana

BillyBob---been to your home town a few times when I was coaching in college. I coached at Northwestern state and University of Louisiana in Lafayette ( was un. of Southwestern La. when I was there)--had to join a club to have a beer--If I didn't have family ties on both sides I would be moving to Maryville Tn. you are a lucky man
    Last edited by coach; 09-19-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Coach....if you are coming to town...give me notice....I have plenty of room at my house!!!
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Just saw this thread ... 1400 owner and avid user. Former Army C.I.D. and later USN Naval Intelligence officer (reserves) - Blues Guitar player, artist (Oil and Acrylic) and after retiring from a position with Child Support Enforcement after almost 30 years, I'm a freelance Wildlife and Landscape Photographer. Enjoying the peaceful life at age 67, not having to listen to other peoples problems anymore !! I'm REALLY REALLY good at ribs, not bad at Butt, and slowly getting progressively better at brisket. (Learning and tinkering is part of the process!) Great advise here, and seems like a very knowledgeable group of smokers - hope to pic up some good tips .. Off to get some boneless country ribs for tonight.

Learning and tweaking IS part of the process. I would say "welcome", but I can see you have been a member since '09.

Instead I will say "Happy Q'ing!"

Darren
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Hi, I'm a new member and greenhorn at smoking. Threw away my "little chief" long ago but always loved smoked food. Dove back in with a St1400 and just completed break-in. tasted deer bacon a few weeks ago and that started it all. 68 a nd retired I hunt and fish all I can. Going to follow Luke claytons u-tube when cure arrives. Hope I can duplicate what I had recently

Welcome PFB!

Great smoker you have.... if you have any questions, just holler!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

PFB,
    I responded to your other thread already. Welcome!!
    Lots of great folks here, with a on of knowledge. Don't be afreaid to use it to shorten the learning curve.

While I'm certainly biased toward my ST, and I've used a number of different smokers, I'd suggest that you're going to enjoy the ride.

Let us know how we can help. Please also post a location so we can determine if you're tomato or vinegar-based barbeque!!
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

We've got some new members, so it's time to fire up this old thread again and see what kind of intel we can generate!!

James, originally from Iowa but in central KY now. I like shooting things, smoking food, and I adjudicate disabilities at work.