Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you and what do you do?

Welcome. Westtexas/Loren. Try a light dusting of cornstarch on your chicken. that will make the skin crispy. As far as ribs get some tips your father in law. The ST's have a learning curve and do cook different than other brands. Enjoy and keep some notes and pretty soon you'll be having the parents over for some fine BBQ.

Okay....we have new members....let us here from you!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

hi my nane is nelson and my last ribs oops s****ed some on the computer. i live in colorado springs been married for 26yrs in july. i have 3 kids and 6 grandkids love them all. i have a propane smoker that i don't use any more because you can't beat the smokin tex . my oldest son has the 1400 and his father-in-law has the 1500 so it runs in the family. nice to meet you all

Thanks Nelson and welcome to the forum...if we can help...just let us know!!!!

BillyBob

Hello everyone, this is Brett coming all the way from Des Moines, Iowa. First time ST1400 user but long time smoker (Bullet, SS Vertical Propane, Vertical Charcoal). Been in the Human Capital Management software vertical for quite some time now, 1 son, FLYING ILLINI FAN, love libations (vodka and Belgian Ale) are my favorite.

I have had my ST1400 for only several weeks but have had the opportunity to smoke 2 briskets, 1 butt, 6 racks of ribs, Gravlax, salmon, turkey legs. I want to say this forum is great for best practices/tips/tricks and I want to thank all of you that have replied to my questions on this forum or have emailed me directly. As we probably all know, the ST smokers take some trial and error usage and this forum really helps mitigate "errors".

I look forward to getting more adventurous with my ST1400 as I get more well versed trying different recipes that all of you share.

Cheers!!!

Bwalk76...great to hear from you and welcome to our family....let us know if you need any help!!!!!!!

BillyBob

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Bwalk76...great to hear from you and welcome to our family....let us know if you need any help!!!!!!!

BillyBob
    Yes Sir, indeed, I am sure as I start to experiment more I will reach out for your assistance and best practices!

Hi everyone, My name is Steve. I live in Southeast Iowa close to the Mississippi and Iowa Rivers. My greatest passions are hunting ducks and fishing on the Mississippi river. I am now retired after working 38 years in a chemical plant. I have been married 40 years and have 2 kids and 6 grandkids.

I have been smoking meat since I was 16 years old when I inherited my grandpas 100 gallon drum vertical smoker. We used it to smoke hackleback ( sturgeon) we caught during the spring run up the Iowa river. I then went through several home made gas powered fridgerator smokers. Most of my smokes were rough fish and tons of chickens and turkeys, especially during the holidays. After a friend of mine blew the door off his gas smoker I opted for safety reasons to get rid of mine. Now I am the proud owner of a green 1300 Smokin Tex and have ventured into the world of smokin ribs, briskets, butts and 100of lbs of sausage....This is a great forum and thanks to all who have answered my questions.

Steve

Steve thanks for the info....we are glad to have you as part of the family!!!

BillyBob

My name is Ken, and I am a middle school principal in Hamburg, PA. I work less then four miles from the planet's largest Cabela's store. Married 17 years, no kids (that I know of). Four step kids and five grandchildren. Love dove hunting and deer hunting, but the true passion is salmon fishing in upstate NY.

Bought a 1400 for my wife for Valentine's Day at the Harrisburg Sportsman Show, and the rest is history. Smoke mostly chicken, turkey, nuts, oh yea, and the occasional salmon.