Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you and what do you do?

Nice! It's nice to have a modest job. Nice to know you Sundown. :-)
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Heck, these days..it is nice too have any kind of job!!

and it is nice to know you as well SmokeRing!!
    Got Smoke?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doves sept 5 2011 0072.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	236
    Quote Originally Posted by twobucks View Post
    I am tempted, but concerned about smoking dove. I only split the skin and pull the breast meat. When I smoke chicken/turkey, it has to have the skin to hold in the moisture. No skin on the dove breasts, and I sure am not going to pluck those little things. Maybe if I wrapped them in bacon and smoked them???
    They pluck pretty darn easy and are cuter than heck.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doves 2011 001.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	235
    Last edited by Steven Par; 09-30-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihntelk View Post
    Howdy Steven,

Good to see another Iowegian here...
    Hi, Ihntelk.............good to hear from you...These last few days have sure been beautiful and Fallish in Iowa...my favorite time of the year, just don't like what follows.
    steve

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Early on I got into this thread, and our Mod asked for some pictures. I've been pretty busy through the summer, but here are a few of some recent items:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-07_16-21-44_802.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-07_16-23-35_655.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-07_16-22-20_191.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	241

The bell has a golf tee next to it, those I do as tree ornaments, the rolling pin is an antique toy pin, also as an ornament. I pick up a lot of items in antique stores, and carve on anything from rolling pins to bowling pins, golf balls, wooden spools, spoons, potato mashers, as well as basswood and butternut. I do a lot of santas, snowmen, and witches.

Bigwalleye,
    What intricate work you do! Very nice and unusual.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Awesome.

Hi, my name is Don and live on the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, been a lurker till now and grabbing up some nice recipes. I don't own a SmokinTex YET, been smoking on a Louisiana Wood Pellet Smoker with good success, (now don't throw rocks at me ) but since I retired 14 months ago and we purchased a good sized travel trailer I think we're going to add a SmokinTex 1100 to the travel gear. The only one problem I see is when in a RV park and starting the smoker...well how many people are going to come by with and empty plate and fork wanting something put on it. Guess I'll have to put out a "Tip Jar" to replenish the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Bigwalleye...as far as the bourbon and beer...I'm with you!!!!! I drink Canadian Mist and coke zero!!!!! Not a beer drinker unless nothing is left!!

BillyBob
    Thank the Lord for Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey... add water and your good to go.
    When things get better I'll go back to Single Malt Scotch... specifically Balvenie Double Wood.... UMM UMM

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Coyoteflat,
    Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us. Don't be afraid to jump in, ask questions, and start turning out the best BBQ around. LOTS of good folks, good recipes and good info here. While a tip jar is fine, you'll soon likely learn when to put out the tip jar and when to start stringin' the barbed wire. Some of those retirement community seasonals can get "overly friendly".

Keep a good log, get a good thermometer, chunks are better than chips, pork butts are a great first cook and nearly foolproof, a couple charcoal briquettes in with the wood will give you a nicer smoke ring, cook bt temp and not by time except with ribs and cheese. There's my words of wisdom. Now jump in and report back, and Smoke on!!

Coyoteflat....welcome to the forum. I keep one of my ST smokers at the lake where I keep my motorhome, I always have a crowd when I am smoking. The problem you will have is everyone will start bringing thier own meat and asking you to smoke it for them!!!! Sometimes it get crazy!!! Be assured...you will always have plenty of FRIENDS.

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"