Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are you and what do you do?

Default Who are you and what do you do?

I find it fun to know a little about who I am talking to and what you do. Post pictures if possible. Trust me...this will be fun!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

My name is Mike and I own a BBQ catering company

www.woodyspigroasts.com

and I love my 1500cxlt

Mike...thanks...could you tell us how you use the 1500 for the company?

BillyBob

My name is Douglas and I am a private financial professional trader. I love to cook and eat and have parties. My favorite time of the year is everyday. I have a rather large family for today's standards. My father had 17 siblings 12 boys and 5 girls plus himself and I have 9 siblings plus myself and I've been married for 30 years and have only 4 children. I have more than 130 cousins and I love GOD, family, and country. My shoe size is 13 and I've been known to kick better than 60 yard field goals and throwing 60 yards TD passes in the air for my old age in recent years. Lol!! I've traveled around the world and my favorite place is Australia. Although Hawaii is very beautiful. I've also been to all four corners of this country. I love coaching baseball, basketball, and football. I am an independent thinker and rarely follow the crowd. Most people think that I am a nice guy, and I am, but i could be abrasive as well. I think some people are intimidated by my energy and confidence. I'm a jack of all trades and master of one (trading). Most people believe what they are told they can't do, while I believe anything is possible.

Anyway!

I could go on and on baby, but I don't want to bore you.

Smokering
    Last edited by SmokeRing; 04-28-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Well BillyBob,

Could you tell everyone about yourself? I would certainly like to know.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Sorry SmokeRing...I forgot to do that.

I retired from the United States Air Force in 1991 then worked as a military analyst for another 17 years in the Washington DC area, retired again and moved to Tennessee to be close to my wife's Dad and all the great fishing. I spend most of my time BBQing, Smoking and Grilling. I have my Motorhome at a camp ground year round and spend most of my time at the lake fishing and cooking.

I have been cooking since I was 12...I am now 62 and have been married for 40yrs.

My name is Jim and was raised in Jonesboro, Arkansas. As you can tell....I am a Razorback fan!!!

51 yrs old,retired on disability from the local phone company. Native born and raised in Tampa. Second home in Nashville at my sons home. Cooking great BBQ since I was a teenager. Used to cook on a Lang cooker but had to get out of that due to health. Was at a loss w/o a smoker then I found ST and have been making some good Q ever since but enjoying the lazy/easy approach....Steve

For the business, I use my 1500 CXLT to make pulled pork and brisket, mainly. I've loaded it up with 24 butts and fed 400 people in one shot. But I really bought this unit because it holds 5 full catering pans and I can use it as a holding oven. No one else has a unit like this at this price level.

For all you slakers out there...stop looking and join us!!!!!!

BillyBob

My name is Pat and I'm a retired Computer Aided design Spe******t.
    I have a 1400 SS smoker, used almost exclusively for pulled pork. It's inside my garage an vented to the outside.
    I also have a SS Big drum smoker used for ribs and chicken
    A Grille Dome for when I'm cooking for one or two'
    A big easy turkey fryer.
    A small kettle grill.
    A C130 gas commercial pizza oven in my garage and vented to the outside.
    I'm 75 and doing a lot of cooking for my family members, trying different cuisines from around the world.
    It great to be retired and do what I want to do.

pat