Thread: First smoke new 1400

Default First smoke new 1400

Here are some pics of my first smoke on my new 1400. I seasoned with the brats then smoked the babybacks. The next day I smoked the brisket and fatty. Turned out really good but I can see room to improve. lol. I live in Minneasota and plan on using my smoker all year round. Will let you know how it works in the winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0418121816.jpg   0418122058.jpg   0419121124.jpg   0419122054.jpg   0419122059.jpg  

It all looks wonderfully good! I can taste it by just looking at it.

Great job!

Smokering
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Lee_277...welcome and congrats on your 1400...looks like you are on the way to being a pro!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Default Welcome!

Lee_277, Nice to have you with us! Welcome to the group. There's lots of knowledge here, and lots of friendly folks willing to share Get a good journal and a good thermometer, success is more easily repeatable if you know what has worked (and what hasn't). There's nthing better than smoked meat and good company....

Smoke on!

Thank you all for the replys. I'm sure it's going to be a good smokin year. lol

Hey Lee_277... Yesterday while smoking a pork loin I remembered your picture of the smoked Brats and figured I would throw 6 in the ST1400 and see how they tasted. I smoked them at 225 for about 1.5 hours. Lets just say the kids, neighbor kids, and the wife loved them as when I got back in the house the plate was empty I did however get a bite from my wifes sandwhich, definitely a different spin on the Brats taste but overall not to shabby!

Lee,
    I use my 1400 in the dead of Pennsylvania winter in snow storms, and it worked great. Someone else said they used it in MN in -30 degree without issue. Welcome to the group.

I live in Michigan and it works great in the winter.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"