Thread: Couldn't have Turned out better

Default Couldn't have Turned out better

I held my son's graduation party this past Sunday and my wife wanted it catered. I told her " I was the caterer" and I smoked 40 pounds of baby backs, 35 pounds of pork butts, 20 pounds of wings. We also served 10 pounds of sliced turkey and 10 pounds of sliced ham. Let me tell ya, it was a great success. I had raves from the 100 plus guests non stop. People said it was the best they've ever had, or I should open a restaurant and/or catering service. Some were even trying to get me to smoke for their graduation event.

I apologize for not getting pictures. I intended to take pictures, but everything was happening too fast to stop serving the guests. I actually intended to do a Q-Video.

Thanks to my 1400 smoker and Smokin Tex,

Smokering

Btw, I put 40 pounds of ribs into the smoker and it worked out well.
    Last edited by SmokeRing; 06-12-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Congratulations to your son and to you thanks for spreading the joy of smokin to folks.
    Admin

way to go sounds like a good time and a lot of work. congrats to your son and to you for getting him there.

SmokeRing,

You DO need to open a catering operation. You have obviously mastered time and scheduling! Wow! Congrats to your son, as well as to you for pulling that off!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Thanks guys!

The timing was perfect dreeves. The event started at 2:00 and I had taken the 4 butts out @1:00. They were in for 15 hrs @210 degrees internal temp. I smoked the ribs for 6 hrs before putting the butts in and let them cool and then packed them on ice over night. I had them on the grill at 1:30 and was mopping them with sauce made from the rub with vinegar, concentrated apple juice, and maple syrup bringing to a boil. They had just the right amount of spices bite with a counter effect of sweetness. Mouth watering to say the least. I did the wings in a similar fashion. In the smoker prior to the ribs and then on ice over night. They had taken a bit longer to heat and serve, but they turned out as some of my best wings ever.

I had purchased two stainless steel tailgating grills last year and I have a stainless steel holland grill, so I had plenty of grill space to keep up. All in all, I would do it again in a minute. Had a great time doing it. It's great to see the faces of satisfied eaters. Lol!
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

How awesome is that!?!

Congratulations on your son's graduation, as well as your successful catering gig
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all