Thread: Please help

Default Please help

Hey fellow smokers, I am using my smoker for a brisket for the very !st time. It is a well trimmed brisket with little fat. Can someone please tell me the best method for smoking that I don't dry it out? Need to know by tonight because we are goin out on the boat tomorrow and need to start this thing tonight, I think. lol

If it is an average size packer of 10 to 12 lbs set your temp controller to 225 for 10 to 12 hours. I generally don't smoke brisket by internal temp anymore, although I do check just before I pull it out of the smoker. At 195 to 205 you should be in good shape. It sounds contradicting, but my point is when you get used to smoking brisket you won't have to monitor the temp as close as when you first start out.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

One suggestion I have for brisket is to buy the brisket that comes with all the fat, cryo-vac'd. I buy mine at Costco.

That fat is what will help insure the moist and tender love we know as brisket. I aim for 10-12 lbs..... low and slow.

How did yours turn out, Fireguy?
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all