Thread: ribs

Default ribs

got though with the pulled pork now i have moved on to ribs . i did 3 slabs st. louis style 3-2-1. 3 hrs smoked 2 hrs wrapped 1 hr unwrapped turned out great.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1671.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	197 now i have a brisket in for an all night smoke.....

Damn!! Those look fantastic.

I bought 30 lbs yesterday. I might have to put them in this week.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

Nice...very nice!!!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Looks good. I did ribs today for the first time in the ST. Did the 333 method. Smoked for 3 hrs, then wrapped 3 times with foil and back in for another 3 hrs. They were fall off the bone tinder and really juicy. A little to juicy for me. I'm going to try the 321 method the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodaking27 View Post
    Looks good. I did ribs today for the first time in the ST. Did the 333 method. Smoked for 3 hrs, then wrapped 3 times with foil and back in for another 3 hrs. They were fall off the bone tinder and really juicy. A little to juicy for me. I'm going to try the 321 method the next time.
    Hi Guys,

I like the 3 2 1 method, but need to know if you boiled or soaked the ribs before smoking or just add rub spices?

Thanks,
    john

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I never soak, and have even abandoned 3-2-1. I run a straight 6 hours at 225 with 3 lumps of charcoal and a 2 oz mix of apple and cherry, or just apple.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Quote Originally Posted by john1069 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I like the 3 2 1 method, but need to know if you boiled or soaked the ribs before smoking or just add rub spices?

Thanks,
    john
    The rumor is if you boil your ribs before you put them in the smoker, your smoker will get confiscated in a no-knock raid by the food police. Not worth it, IMHO.

I am with you on this one big walleye. I like to pick up my rib and bite it off of the bone, not pick up a bone and leave the meat on the plate.