Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full length leg cast

Default Full length leg cast

So, I was at a graduation party today volunteering to smoke and cook because my friend who was hosting the party had broken his leg last week on his first day of vacation. When you're on crutches he'd have a heck of a time cooking for everyone.

Well, there were these five 18 year old boys who are friends with my son who also graduated wanted to attempt to throw me into the pool. I accepted their challenge and not only did I go in, but so did the five boys. They ended up gang tackling me. After I went in I was going to pay back with a drenching wave toward their table. As I sprung off of the diving board for doing the can opener my quadracept ruptured and I am now sitting here in the hospital waiting for emergency surgery.

I will say there was a shining moment in all of today that after the hundreds of pounds of ribs I've done over the year the cook for today was the absolute best. Everyone there was raving over these ribs. I also smoked home made brats. The party was a hit, other than the ambulance hauling my ass away. Lol!
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

SmokeRing,
    We wish you well and a speedy recovery.
    Thanks for sharing your smokin tips and recipes.
    Please keep us informed as you recover.

Thanks,

I'll have more time to smoke. :-)
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

SmokeRing,
    Wishing you a quick recovery.

SmokeRing...we seem to forget we are getting older!! Take it easy and heal quickly!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRing View Post
    Thanks,

I'll have more time to smoke. :-)
    Yah, true, but someone is going to have to do the carrying in and out for you.

Took 5 in with you? That, sir, is admirable.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

My hope and prayer for you, Smokering, is a full yet speedy recovery.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Sucks getting old, doesn't it...

Well guys, it's been one month since the leg injury. I start physical therapy on August 22nd. Haven't smoked anything since then, but this Saturday I am smoking 60 lbs of ribs for a party and 40 lbs of pork butt for Sunday for a friends family reunion. Oh, BTW, I've lost 30 lbs in the last month. Feeling good!

SmokeRing....glad to have you back!!!! Sounds like you are going to be a busy man...good luck!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"