Thread: new owner of a 1400 with extras

Thumbs up new owner of a 1400 with extras

Never smoked in my life but love eating it so 1400 and extras in the porch. Did a brisket first didn't smoke long enough good flaver but didn't fall apart,Boston butt next 225 192 on internal therm okay i guess.But where can i go to get some good reciepes for the weekend fun of family and smoke, please tell me this is the best place to be. FF135 is looking for your help in the world of Flavor family and fun.

Hello bamcam,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on becoming a SmokinTex 1400 owner.

You mention that your 1400 came with 'extras'. Sure hope that list included a dual probe Maverick digital thermometer. For me, that instrument is the most useful cooking tool I own. I would be absolutely lost without it.

Your best source for recipes is right here on the forum. I suggest that you start with the list of great recipes from SmokinTex. The forum pages are chock full of recipes and smoking/cooking tips. Read through the forum messages for cooking tips and recipes - that will keep you busy for a long while and the recipes should cause you to salivate. If you need help just ask. The smokintex owners are most willing to help and are quick to share experiences and recipes.

A couple of suggestions:
    Keep a log of your cooks. This will become your cooking 'bible'.
    I find that by marinating in the refrigerator for several hours or even overnight with either a wet or dry marinade greatly enhances the flavor of your cooking spices.

Best Regards,
    applejack

bamcam,

Welcome! You have found the best place for recipes and tips. After searching the forum, if you still don't have the answer you need, ask!

If you added up the years of experience represented on the forum, I believe you would easily be in the 100's. I have been smoking for nearly 15 years, and I learn something new just about every time I log in

I love smoking bone-in pork butts - I aim for 200 internal. Applejack nailed it when he suggests a dual probe Maverick. Also, the more you cook with your SmokinTex, the more seasoned she will become. That's when the magic begins

Keep on smokin, and feel free to ask! The only dumb question is the one never asked
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Bamcam....welcome to the forum!! First of all don't get stuck on the 225 temp...I cook mine most of the time at 240! If you like fall of the bone ribs...cook them 3hrs...foil for 1.5 to 2hrs and unfoil and cook for 1hr...basting the last 30 mins.

To find good rubs and sauce...search the web....I like BBQ Pit Boys. They are on youtube also.

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

Default Welcome

BAMCAM all good advice also look at youtube-smokintex there are some videos .and welcome to the forum.