Thread: all nighter

Default all nighter

just put in 13 lbs of brisket and 14 lbs of pork shoulderClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1794.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	221

well its been 12 hrs now and still going just now at 150 degrees, smells great woke the wife up with the smell when i opened the back door. be back later:

Default All Nighter

Using an electric smoker is, in my opinion, the easiest way and the best when doing brisket and pulled pork. Once get an understanding of how long it takes for a certain weight, that's all you have to do is close the door. No worrying about whether or not the fire is going to die or whether it is going to flare up is eliminated. No getting up in the middle of the night when your remote thermometer beeps.
    I place the butts in the Smoking Tex the night before, around 5-6 pm, pull the next day 11am to 1pm.

pat

I know I am a month late to this thread but Scott's method for brisket works like a charm everytime in the brisket video: 1 hour per lb and add 2 hours.......
    Got Smoke?

sundown hello , not trying to be rude or anything but scotts method does not work at 6100 ft . i have done several now since i got my st and it takes 2hrs per lb and sometimes more if you go by internal temp 195 -205.same on pork shoulder. i have talked with others that say the same . at altitude it takes longer

High altitude probably wasn't factored in when Scott did the video. I never considered that.......
    Got Smoke?

No matter what the altitude, y'all are both making me salivate.

It's time for some BBQ!!!!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all