Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you wanna keep the outside of your Smokin-Tex clean?

Default So you wanna keep the outside of your Smokin-Tex clean?

I think the ideal Smokin-Tex is shiny on the outside and black and smokey on the inside..right? I think we all know how to take care of the inside.....use it!!!

But how about the outside, I want my Smokin-Tex to look its best..especially when the Bubba's come by and say "What in the heck is that purdy shiny box tucked away in the corner of your patio?"

There is a company called Sprayway that has been around for a long long time. I have used their glass cleaner for longer than I can remember. On another forum we have a member who is a rub mfg. and he has lots of stainless to clean. He told us about this Stainless Steel cleaner that is just the best he is ever tried. I was surprised and a little embarrassed that it was from Sprayway and I didn't know about it!!
    My friends, here is the Stainless Steel cleaner to beat all SS cleaners, you know your Smokin-Tex smoker deserves it....right??
    Might as well get a bottle of their Glass cleaner while you are at it!!

You can buy direct from Sprayway or you can buy from different on-line retailers if your local stores don't carry Sprayway.
    Last edited by sundown; 09-23-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Got Smoke?

There is another thread about Windex destroying the label. Do you know if the Sprayway product is safe on the label?

The guy on the other forum says he sprays his rag and then wipes his equipment down...this way our labels will be OK.
    Got Smoke?

There is another product called Sheila Shine, my frend that owns a restaurant turned me on to it. It a stales cleaner for kitchen equipment. Osh caries it some times, I also get it from amazon. A little goes along way, same thing spray a little on a rag and wipe. It also leave a real slick surface so things don't stick or leave finger prints.

A cloth with soap and water will give a great result!!!JMO

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

I received the spray way last night and it works real nice. Gonna try the soap and water...that is a heck of alot cheaper!
    Got Smoke?

Am I wrong for keeping my SmokinTex under cover? Of course, I remove the cover to smoke, but the cover really keeps her looking great, and the cover is sharp!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

A cover on my ST is like the magician's cloak. When the cover comes off, the magic starts. I've got a seasonal spot on a bend in the canal leading to the lake, so I get to torture lots of folks riding by in boats. Pretty cool to watch from inside as they try to figure out what smells so good.

Love it, Walleye! I bet you drive 'em crazy!

Keep up the good work!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

2+2 carburetor cleaner works great on the grease, and it is the best thing I have found to take the decal right off the dials.

Now that I have had to replace the decals, I think I'll try some of that SprayWay stuff...