Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about the SmokinTex cart

Default Question about the SmokinTex cart

Hi everyone
    I have a quick question about the rolling cart that you can buy for the Smokin Tex. I really want to get a cart, but I am not sure I want to spend the almost 200 on it. I am pretty handy when it comes to building things. I was thinking of building my own wooden version of the cart, but I have a question for those of you that have one. How does the smoker attach to the metal cart. I have most of the supplies already, I just need to figure out a way to attach the smoker to it

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Once I get it built, I will make sure that I post pictures, as long as it will not get me in trouble. :-)

Aaron

I never attached the smoker to the cart. I made legs using ready bolt glued into little wooden blocks. This makes the Tex a little more portable. I went camping this weekend and took the Tex with me....although it is a heavy sucker to lug into the back of the truck.

Hi apperault,

I have a 1400 that I ordered with the roll around cart with two fold out shelves. I am totally pleased with the value I received,

The convenience of raising the smoker to an easy and comfortable height with fingertip roll around ease and locking front heavy duty casters is a blessing. I wanted the cart to match the smoker. The cart is made to the same standards as the smoker and in my opinion is first class. Beside that, no rust or rot to worry with and probably will never require any maintenance. You cannot build a substitute stand for nothing and I seriously doubt that you could make one out of mild steel for much less materials cost than a factory unit will cost - let alone the cost for stainless. You would still need to invest in heavy duty casters and then the fold out shelves are nice to have and would be difficult to duplicate.

I have no reason to question your abilities to build whatever you would choose. I would strongly suggest that you take a second look and just bite the bullet and order one. I don't think you would be disappointed in any way.

Best regards,
    applejack
    Last edited by applejack; 09-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.

I also have a 1400 model and thought about buying the cart but i think im not going to because while i was shopping at Sams club/ Costco in some states i found a really nice all stainless steel industrial style kitchen prep table with locking wheels and even had a shelf underneath it..It works great for food prep matches the smoker and looks great to.

Hi apperrault,

I have the cart and would highly recommend the one that ST sells. It fits perfectly together and also brings it to a nice height. I wouldn't have a 1400 without the cart.
    I think the world is wearing bi-focals, I'm the only one with perfect vision. 'Paul Newman" in "Cool Hand Luke"

After six months of bending over to load up my 1400 I decided to spend the money for the cart. I highly recommend the ST cart also. Wished I would have had it from the start. Makes loading/ unloading a breeze.

Apperrault...it attaches with bolts and nuts...there are holes in the bottom of the legs of the smoker and the top of the cart...just match them up and bolt together. I highly recommend the ST cart!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"

When I picked up my smoker a little over a year ago I debated as well as to whether or not the cart was worth it. I broke down and bought it and I was very happy that I did. Very easy to put together but the only problem I had was getting the legs of the 1400 to match up to the cart. They were just slightly off. I solved the problem by loosening all of the connections on the cart to give some wiggle room. I then bolted the smoker to the cart then tightened up the rest of the cart. I'm very happy with my purchase.

BAnonymous and others, looks like you all traveled that same path I did with the Stainless Cart. I too got my smoker a year ago and have been wrestling it around in a tool cart I bought from Hope Depot since with unsatisfactory results. Just today I have purchased and assembled my Smoking Tex cart. Wish I had purchased it a year ago. .. .The smoker is just too easy to work with on the SS cart, and my back with thank me for it later.

I did something similar years ago....waste of money...buy the real deal and be happy!!!

BillyBob
    "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE"