Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KCBS Pork Tenderloin

Default KCBS Pork Tenderloin

So after looking around i found this amazing recipe for pork loins and couldn't be happier. KCBS Tenderloin was very easy and it came out amazing. I changed it a little due to lack of time but it didn't hurt the flavor in the least. Made up the rub wrapped in bacon and packed with dark brown sugar put in a ziplock for 2-3 hours then in the smoker at 225 for 2 1/2-3 hours or until internal temp reaches 160. Pulled it from smoker glazed with sauce, (any sauce of your liking) and let stand 10 mins Super tender and moist.... highly recommend this recipe Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-23 Pork loin.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2215.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	248

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Caliboy,
    WOW. That's a good lookin' cook right there. Saw another thread on this subject before, by Sundwon, I think, and now I've GOT to run this cook. New Year's Day, I think.

On another note, though, I see the snow in the background on picture #1. Must be NORTHERN Cali, eh?

We had a clear night in MN last night, standing temps near 0, and the smoker had frost on it when I fired it up this morning.

bigwalleye,
    I was born and raised in Southern California my whole life but 6 1/2 years ago the wife and i packed up and moved to Illinois for a new job and new adventure.. I will say we still are not big fans of the snow and ice.... My smoker stays in the garage so it doesn't see the elements outside.. Thanks for the nice comment, hope your pork loin comes out great like mine did..

Caliboy

Hey Caliboy, great looking loin, I'll have to try it. I was noticing in your pic that your temp probe is not running thru the smoke hole on top, my door closes so tight that it ruined the cable before I figured out that it was damaging them, no problems since I stopped closing the doors on it. Good luck.

I run it through the smoke hole also just didn't put it through yet cause i had one more rack to put in there with another loin on it...

Good deal, good luck.

I just did this cook and it was incredible. I used some old brown sugar, so it wasn't as moist and didn't pack well, but I know how to fix that for next time. Amazing how different it tastes with and without sauce. I prefer mine with, wife prefers it nekkid.

I can see why KCBS banned it. That was flat out the best pork loin I've ever had.

I was going to take pictures, but they didn't look as good as Caliboy's cook. Besides, I must confess the photo would have looked more like Caliboy's cook without the meat, it was going that fast.

Ran a couple racks of baby backs as well, and they're almost done.

Thanks again to Sundown and Caliboy, also a shout out to SmokinTex for the incredible "magic box"!!

Bigwalleye, Glad to hear you enjoyed your dinner and i would have to agree it was the best pork loin i have ever had too.. I will be smoking some more today for my buddies at work... Can you say pot luck tomorrow night, YUMMY!!!!

Just had to share a photo of dinner tonight. Another fabulous KCBS pork loin.

For the naysayers out there that think you can't get a smoke ring in an electric smoker I submit the photo below. That is all I have to say about THAT. Defense rests. Especially after eating half a pork loin....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	370

Bigwalleye,
    Awesome! Give us the particulars please. Wood, internal temp. etc.
    Is that bacon wrapped?
    Thanks!