Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KCBS Pork Tenderloin

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Bigwalleye,
    Awesome! Give us the particulars please. Wood, internal temp. etc.
    Is that bacon wrapped?
    Thanks!
    This is another run of the recipe found elsewhere on this site for the banned KCBS pork tenderloin, referenced with a recipe in previous posts by members Caliboy 760 and Sundown, so another biig thank you to those two members!!!

Quick and dirty:

1 Tbsp garlic powder
    2 1/2 Tbsp black pepper
    1 Tbsp salt
    1 1/2 tsp ground ginger

Combine these ingredients and dust a pork tenderloin (in my photo, I've done the recipe with half a pork loin. More meat and it comes out just as good.)

Wrap the pork loin or tenderloin in bacon.

Pack the loin in dark brown sugar in a ziplock or in a pan, cover it, and place it in the fridge overnight. (the drain pain from my 1400 is a nice size)

Smoked in the center rack in the aforementioned pan with 3 oz of cherry chunks and 4 charcoal briquettes to an internal of 162, let it rest 5 minutes on the counter, and sliced it, drizzling it with a little BBQ sauce.

(BTW, here's a plug for ST's own barbeque sauce...Very tasty!!!!)

Jim
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

Man oh man, this recipe was sooo good. I made a complete pig of myself (I am what eat I guess). This is going to be in the regular rotation from now on. Impressive enough for company but so easy to pull off. Thank you caliboy for sharing an awesome dish.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy, B. Franklin

Ok, decided to mix it up a little and try this tenderloin cook. Augmented the recipe with 2 tsp onion powder as well. Also didn't have dark brown sugar, so used the light brown variety instead. Cooked it starting a notch below 225 degrees on the ST. Pulled it at an internal temp of about 156 degrees as seen by the first picture. Let it rest for about an hour before sampling it. Cook turned mighty nice as seen by the pics. Bacon on the outside was nice and caramelized, tasted like sweet bacon jerky, yum. Think I'll try a more savory version next time and report back. Thanks to all who contributed!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	467 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	468 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	469 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	470

Anpav, This looks delicious! Nice pix! Thanks for posting.