Thread: Maverick Thermometer

Default Maverick Thermometer

Hello everyone, Question has any of you had problems with the probes on your remote thermometer? I have 2 probes and 1 is reading 48 degrees and the other 138. It has to be wrong since the meat just got out of the fridge. How do i fix or do i just have to buy a new one cause that wouldn't make me very happy since i've only used it about 8 times....

Caliboy

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

I did a separate thread on the same subject a couple weeks ago. Check Maverick's website. I think replacement probes are about $12 ea, but they are pretty particular out not getting them wet.

I think I've got a meat temp probe failing myself...

Over the years I've found meat probes tend to be troublesome. Usually where the braided cord enters the probe. That seems to be their weak point after a few years of handling, being coiled up and being stuffed into boxes, baggies, drawers etc.

I had this problem. I also have had problems with the remote monitor always losing sync. I went with a new Dual probe from Thermoworks that uses the K type thermocouples which are less susceptible to water damage.

See this post for more info.

Thanks for the link, djousma
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Thank you guys for the comments. I would agree the weak spot is where the plastic goes on at end of probe. DJOUSMA thanks for the post of the new kind of thermometer. I still would like to have the wireless one it makes it nice when the weather is cold out and i don't have to keep going out to check on it.. Thanks again everyone