Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat Brisket

Default Flat Brisket

This will be the first time cooking a brisket on my ST 1100. I would like to know how to cook it and at what temp. I will be using Tony Chachere's butter Marinade.
    Need a Rub recipe. Thanks

For a brisket, I like to buy the cryovac'd briskets. For your 1100, you will need to cut in half, maybe an 8 or 9 lb. brisket.

I cook @ 225, to an internal temp of 203. You can guesstimate about 1.5 hours per pound. But cook to internal temp.

For a great rub (yes, many exist) try Big Bad Beef rub. You will find it on amazingribs.com.

Good luck, welcome to the forum!
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Thank you very much for the information. I'm learning a lot here.

Anytime.

Another nice compliment to a good rub is Claude's Brisket marinade. You can find it just about everywhere.

You place the brisket in a large plastic bag (garbage bag works well). Pour in the marinade, allow to sit in the fridge over night.

Next day, remove from the bag, add your rub, smoke as normal.

I've receive rave reviews when following the above.

My brisket has been on now for 2 hours and it has already stopped smoking. I had about 7 oz of wood chips and a couple chunks of wood. Need help.

Two hours of smoke is about right per my experience. You will be fine.
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all

Default Redi Chek Remote

I have a redi chek remote with meat temp, and probe temp. only one orobe. Do I insert the probe into the meat or just leave it hanging through the hole on top?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

Put the probe into the thickest part of the meat. It's the internal meat temp you're after most during a cook. While the cabinet temp tells us other things, the most important thing right now is the meat temp.

Took my brisket off at 190 degrees and I think I done a very good job smoking it with the help Bigwalleye and DReeves. Thank you both very much. Could not have done it with out the both of you giving me some pointers. Here is what it looked like.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-02 05.35.21.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-02 05.41.44.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	271

Looks awesome! Now I'm hungry