Thread: I've been converted!!

Default I've been converted!!

Been doing ribs for several years in offset smokers and after trying the 3-2-1 method I thought I would never do ribs any other way. Got my 1400 earlier this year and had done all ribs that way. Yesterday I was doing 4 racks of St Louis and didn't feel like wrapping, especially given the fact it was pouring all day. Having read on here about how moist it keeps ribs I decided to go the whole time unwrapped.

All I can say is WOW. The 3-2-1 produces a rib that does fall off the bone but yesterday's results produced a rib that was better described as "pull" off the bone. Now I understand competition comments about not done to the point they fall off the bone. More of a firm feel in a great way and I really can't begin to describe how juicy they were - literally oozed out.

I would tell anyone with a tex if you haven't given unwrapped ribs a chance - do it.
    Occupation?? Part time Butcher, Chef, Microbiologist, Scientist and Meteorologist does what pays the bills really matter?

Cedar, MN (but still not far enough from the Cities)

...and the congregation responded "AMEN!!"

another successful baptism by Smoke.
    I believe in catch and release fishing. I don't want to EAT 'em all, I just want to GREET 'em all!

I second that, Jim! "Amen!!!"
    Remember: If it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all